Aged Care providers tackle mental health issues & social isolation
When: 13 - 14 November 2018
Where: Melbourne (venue to be confirmed)
The Tackling Aged Care Mental Health & Social Isolation conference taking place in Melbourne will be identifying and presenting solutions to overcome key issues in aged care mental health, including identifying signs of potential mental illness among aged persons; facilitating greater access to psychological services for aged care; training and development of staff and how lifestyle programs can lead to improved mental wellbeing.
Hear from leading experts in aged care and mental health including:
• Veronica Jamison, State Manager Victoria/Tasmania, Leading Age Services Australia
• Geoff Rowe, Chief Executive Officer, Aged and Disability Advocacy Australia
• Nieves Murray, Chief Executive Officer, Suicide Prevention Australia
• Maureen Berry, Chief Operating Officer, Bupa Aged Care
…and many more which you can view here.
In this 2-day program you will learn how to:
• Identify signs of potential mental illness among older people.
• Develop strategies to improve the quality of life for those with dementia in aged care.
• Implement lifestyle strategies for people in aged care that will promote both physical and mental wellbeing.
• Incorporate principles of person-centred care to address common mental health issues facing aged persons.
• Engage residents to help them to overcome social isolation.
Click here for more information.