‘Compassionate Communities in Action: Re-claiming Ageing, Dying and Grieving’.
When: Sunday 13th – Wednesday 16th October 2019
Where: Fairmont Resort, Blue Mountains, NSW
A public health approach to end of life care, views the community as an equal partner in the long and complex task of providing quality healthcare at the end of life. Over four days, join leading researchers, practitioners and innovators in the public health palliative care approach.
Organised by the Compassionate Communities Network Australian/New Zealand which aims to promote and integrate social approaches to dying, death and bereavement in the everyday life of individuals and communities.
We do this by:
- identifying and promoting leading practices
- leading and advocating for practices to be embedded in policy
- encouraging, strengthening and establishing partnerships that support community capacity building and resilience
- furthering research in our culturally diverse communities
- creating healthy end of life settings and environments
We are an informal group, actively working to promote the principles of public health palliative care. The Compassionate Communities Network is open to everyone who is interested in social approaches to end of life support.
Click here to download the program.