In 2010 Spiritual Health Victoria (SHV) celebrated its transition into a multifaith organisation, welcoming new members from a number of religious and cultural communities. This has furthered our ability to reflect and respond to the breadth of spirituality found within the Victorian population.
In line with this expanded direction, SHV offers the community the following multifaith resources, designed to provide information, contacts and resources to spiritual care practitioners.
- Multifaith calendar: SHV has produced a colourful multifaith religious and cultural events calendar for 2017. This calendar
reflects, to the best of our knowledge, the many major religious and cultural events for the year ahead.
Multifaith calendar 2017 (310 KB)
- Multifaith Pilot Education Program Report.
Multifaith Report (4686 KB)
- On-going Mulitfaith Education Program: This program is being offered again this year in Semester 2 in partnership with Stirling College at the University of Divinity. For further information follow the link or contact Dr Chris Turner (03 9790 1000) or Heather Tan at email@example.com
Multifaith resources made available by our partners below:
- Buddhist Healthcare Principles for Spiritual Carers
- Vietnamese-Australian Cultural Perspectives on Illness and Dying
- Sri Lankan Presentation About Buddhist Customs
Sri Lankan Buddhist Culture (108 KB)
- Vajrayana Buddhism Overview
Vajrayana Buddhism Overview (1440 KB)
- The Indian Interfaith Guide was funded by the State Government of Victoria's Office of Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship (OMAC) and produced by the Federation of Indian Origin Multi-Faith Organisation Inc (FIMO). This document is a resource that provides readers with information on various social norms and practices of adherents of the various faiths practiced by people from India proactively addressing the potential causes of conflict, difference and prejudice in the community as it relates to those of Indian origin.
- Aspects of the Orthodox Pastoral Care
Aspects of Orthodox Pastoral Care (291 KB)
- Caring for Muslim Patients - a guide for healthcare professionals and pastoral carers (May 2014)
Caring for Muslim Patients (104 KB)
- A Fatwa has been issued regarding receiving medical treatment in an emergency (May 2014)
- Understanding Islam
Understanding Islam (4505 KB)
- Pastoral Care History and Current Day Narrative
- 'The Sikh Protocol of celebrating the life of a loved one' (2014)
- 'Sikh Patients in Hospitals: a Guide for Healthcare Professionals' (2004)
Sikh Patients in Hospital (161 KB)