Professional Development Program for Spiritual Care Practitioners
Date Posted: 13-Dec-2017
We are welcoming month-by-month registrations for our Professional Development Program for Spiritual Care Practitioners. All information is available on our website.
Fourth Session - Wednesday 13 June 2018, Baptcare Bundoora
TOPIC: “Cross-Cultural Considerations on the Ageing” with Arati Vidyasagar - Information Outreach Worker for Seniors Information at Council of the Ageing (COTA) Victoria.
In our multicultural society, we need to ensure we can meet the needs of older people from the many ethnic communities that now call Australia home. This session will offer participants the opportunity to reflect on their practices, and develop strategies to improve their interaction with older people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities.
We will look at:
- why cultural ‘competency’ is not enough
- increasing understanding on issues of stigma and cultural expectations
- communication skills and gendered cross-cultural sensitivity
- providing information in a language that older people can understand
- the need to respect older people’s religious and/or spiritual beliefs and values.
Please click here for more information about the full year’s program.
To register: Please click here for the annual registration form, or click here for a single month registration form. These are to be filled in and to be returned to email@example.com