Aged Care Chaplain - Carinity, Laidley Qld
Date Posted: 08-Feb-2019
Permanent Part time - 22 hours per fortnight
Applications close 4pm Monday 4 March 2019
At Carinity, we believe that the senior years can be the best years of life and we are going all out to build a leading reputation for Aged Care. Carinity Aged Care – Karinya Place is situated in Laidley, which is approximately a 40-minute drive from Ipswich and Toowoomba, located conveniently close to shops, the hospital and other services.
Carinity – Karinya Place has a vacancy for an Aged Care Chaplain to join the team on a Part Time basis for 22 hours per fortnight. The Aged Care Chaplain encourages residents towards their spiritual, emotional, psychological and social wellbeing in accordance with their personal and health status. The Chaplain participates in a multi-disciplinary healthcare team that aims to meet the needs of residents in an effective and holistic manner.
What Carinity is looking for…
* Demonstrated experience in Aged Care, Pastoral Care/ Pastoral Counselling, dealing with complex interpersonal situations
* Qualifications in Ministry, Pastoral Care and/or Chaplaincy
* Highly developed interpersonal skills including communication in a multi-faith setting
* Ability to draw together and work well in a team
* Compassion and a genuine interest in caring for elderly people
Why apply for this role?
* Work with staff who are passionate about delivering excellent care and are operationally skilled and team oriented
* Carinity is a Not-for-profit organisation with a culture of caring for others
* Access to Salary Packaging
Think this is the role for you?
Think this is the role for you? Click here for the full job description. Applications must include a resume and brief cover letter outlining how your skills and experience are a fit for this role. You will require a current National Criminal History Check or willingness to obtain one prior to commencement. To discuss this position further, please contact Don McPherson (Rev), Manager – Chaplaincy and Mission Services on 3550 3719, during business hours.