Pastoral & Spiritual Care Coordinator - Southern Cross Care, Moama
Date Posted: 26-Jul-2019
Part time (15 hours per fortnight)
No closing date listed
Requires: Cert IV in Pastoral/Spiritual Care or equivalent
At Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) (‘SCC’) we believe that our purpose is to empower older people to ‘live life to the full’. We offer a continuum of personalised, expert services and adapt to meet the needs of each person and their family, providing aged care services through home care, retirement living and residential facilities. At SCC people are at the heart of everything we do.
SCC respects the right of every person to be supported to explore/maintain their spiritual beliefs, practices and traditions. We have developed a Spiritual Wellbeing Framework to enable us to support our residents (customers) in this manner. SCC has a team of Spiritual Wellbeing Coordinators who are vital to the holistic care we provide.
About the Role:
An opportunity for a Spiritual Wellbeing Coordinator to support residents in Residential Aged Care based in Moama NSW. This is a permanent part time position, 15 hours/fortnight.
Working collaboratively with many stakeholders, the successful applicant will coordinate activities to meet the personal spiritual, pastoral and religious care needs of our residents. The role will provide coordination of our spiritual wellbeing program, engaging with residents/customers as well as the employees and volunteers who support the program.
This role will report to the Facility Manager and also to the Spiritual Wellbeing Manager.
About the facility:
The ideal candidate will have:
* 2-3 years’ experience working within Aged Care or community services, coordinating spiritual, pastoral and/or religious care;
* Relevant qualifications in spiritual care (or similar) at a Certificate IV level or above;
* Enthusiasm, energy and commitment to motivating, equipping and supporting staff and volunteers to offer spiritual, pastoral and religious care;
* Acceptance and sensitivity to others’ beliefs and understanding of spiritual dimensions of elderly people; including the ability to support people of all cultures, beliefs and religions;
* Experience in managing volunteers: recruitment, training and supporting volunteers;
* Experience in spiritual assessment and facilitating activities, services and programs to meet the diverse needs of residents;
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective links and relationships with cultural, community and faith groups to support spiritual, pastoral and religious care.
Click here for the full job description.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Monica Tanurahardja on 02 9790 9482, quoting Ref No. 855490.