Spiritual Wellbeing Coordinator - Southern Cross Care, ACT and Goulburn
Date Posted: 02-Jul-2019
Permanent Part Time, 28 hours per week. Travel between our ACT (Garran and Campbell) and Goulburn sites
No closing date listed
At Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) (‘SCC’) we believe that our purpose is to empower older people to ‘live life to the full’. We offer a continuum of personalised, expert services and adapt to meet the needs of each person and their family, providing aged care services through home care, retirement living and residential facilities. At SCC people are at the heart of everything we do.
SCC respects the right of every person to be supported to explore/maintain their spiritual beliefs, practices and traditions. We have developed a Spiritual Wellbeing Framework to enable us to support our residents (customers) in this manner. SCC has a team of Spiritual Wellbeing Coordinators who are vital to the holistic care we provide.
What you will do:
* An opportunity for a Spiritual Wellbeing Coordinator to support residents in Residential Aged Care homes across Campbell, Garran and Goulburn.
* Working collaboratively with many stakeholders, the successful applicant will coordinate activities to meet the personal spiritual, pastoral and religious care needs of our residents.
* The role will provide coordination of our spiritual wellbeing program, engaging with residents/customers as well as the employees and volunteers who support the program.
* This role will report to the local Facility Manager(s) and also to the Spiritual Wellbeing Manager.
* 2-3 years’ experience working within Aged Care or community services, coordinating spiritual, pastoral and/or religious care;
* Relevant qualifications in spiritual care (or similar) at a Certificate IV level or above;
* Enthusiasm, energy and commitment to motivating, equipping and supporting staff and volunteers to offer spiritual, pastoral and religious care;
* Acceptance and sensitivity to others’ beliefs and understanding of spiritual dimensions of elderly people; including the ability to support people of all cultures, beliefs and religions;
* Experience in managing volunteers: recruitment, training and supporting volunteers;
* Experience is spiritual assessment and facilitating activities, services and programs to meet the diverse needs of residents;
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective links and relationships with cultural, community and faith groups to support spiritual, pastoral and religious care;
* Ability to travel between our Campbell, Garran and Goulburn sites.
What’s on Offer?
The successful applicant will join a market leader in Aged Care services and an engaging and supportive team environment. The role comes with a level of flexibility around days and hours. Applicants must be able to commit to 28 hours per week.
Click here for more information.